Aaliyah Dane....Still swagging it up in #2018#HappyBirthdayAaliyah

Epilogue

 I was scrolling through my TL on Twitter today, and the one and only Aaliyah Dane is trending, being that It's her birthday. And seeing all the love from fans, a love that is still strong after 39 years hit me right in the feels. Like I  didn't even know her personally, but I literally felt so joyful imagining her smiling down at us.  It was something that I needed to see, to known that a true ICON like her is forever in our hearts. #HappyBirthdayAaliyah


Listen, I know this saying that people are ahead of their time is overused...but I'm going to use it anyways(hahaha), Aaliyah is ahead of her time! So today I was scrolling through the TL on twitter, & literally had a huge smile on my face the entire time, as I caught sight of a particular picture(shout-out sneaker-news). The famous Aaliyah in Uptempo's!! Uptempo's!! And I know it's normal to see celebrities rocking Nike sneakers. But its just nice to not only see a vintage picture of her (1997)looking all swagged out and beautiful,  but also see the sneakers that are one of my favourite sneakers to date. On someone whose's unfortunately no longer with us, but was and still is the epitome of style. It's like the sneakers have literally travelled through time( Nike literally re-released them) as the dynamic, structure and the style of the shoe has not changed as much. And it's collaboration's like this that I can't, and don't want to forget. She will forever be the best person to have rocked these white colourway Uptempo's. And hands down she was the originally MVP to rock these the best. Plus, like how she has inspired loads of musicians, stylist, and icons, she inspired this post, she inspires me. We miss you girl. xoxoxo.
P.S. I love this picture of her...I mean just look at her slaying!!



Comments