Yeezy x Fila: Guess what I saw!

When I came across this image, my mind went through a state of confusion, distrust and just plain interests. I mean Yeezy x Fila (and technically wouldn't this also include Adidas) is a collaboration that I wouldn't have put together before, like ever. Why you ask, well I have grown up with a love and hate relationship with Fila, as working in retail the Fila trainers were the trainers that were always on the dusty, neglected shelf racks, that were always on sale. Yet the brand has evolved into an amazing respected vintage, hipster style, that has me constantly searching and saving up for their jumpers and t-shirts(yes hunny go get your life). While Yeezy, a much newer brand-despite Adidas not making its revenue back from the 10$(£7million) they invested into the brand-it has become a household name with a respected strong fan following, accumulating the brand 261.7K followers on twitter currently.

Moreover, the design itself is 85% Yeezy, and 15% Fila, and it's highly unlikely that Yeezy wouldn't include their branding on the shoe. Plus this partnership may favour Fila more than it would Yeezy. On the over hand I could see Kanye West rocking a swagalicious Fila jumper, and he is the face of Yeezy! And in saying this, I believe the perfect people to launch the brand would be the Queen of re-branding, and synergisation Rihanna, and FKA Twigs with her contemporary 'mad hatter style'(Alice in Wonderland reference) would be perfect models and endorsers for this collaboration.

Well even though this collaboration isn't real(yet), It is an interesting concept especially in the modern society we live in, where everything is becoming so cohesive you  just never know, as it may not be trainers in which these two brands coincide.

Comments